Vacancy for O&M Engineer
A vacancy has arisen for an O&M Engineer within the Energy and Asset Management based in London (O&M Midlands and South West Function) - predominantly based at the Kings Cross & Imperial College sites.
VEUL is at the forefront of delivering centralised efficient low carbon energy solutions across public/ private residential, retail and commercial sectors throughout the UK. We operate in a rapidly expanding vibrant market for Heat and Power solutions. We design, install, operate, maintain and own environmentally friendly energy generation; and distribution systems.
Reporting to the Contracts Manager you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all Quality Management and Compliance Documentation for O&M activities is correct and complete for each site.
- Proactively drive Legislative and Contractual Compliance, profitability and customer satisfaction within the customer portfolio.
- Provide technical assistance to clients, contractors and work colleagues within whilst fulfilling customer service requirements and meeting both Quality Standards and HSE Objectives.
- Closely manage customer HSE objectives and Quality Standards and ensure the adoption of Safe Working Practices during the maintenance and repair of the plant.
- Complete internal performance management general reporting for use in producing client final reporting
- Make effective recommendations for continuous improvement.
- Adopt Vital Energi's HSE Policies, Procedures and Objectives, and ensure they are achieved throughout area of responsibility.
- Ensure that Statutory and Mandatory Inspections are satisfactorily carried out and documented in line with the Company's Management System. Diligently and accurately maintain, submit relevant documentation and records as required, and maintain ISO Accreditation Company Standards.
- Undertake Subcontractor Management in line with the above
- You will also be required to actively take part in the callout / standby rota. A full UK drigving licence and a flexible approach to working practices and hours is essential.
You must have sound knowledge on:
- Mechanical / Electrical engineering in a similar environment; with comprehensive understanding of current industry practices and relevant legislation.
- Commercial & domestic heating engineering operating & maintaining; industrial CHP, Steam, MTHW, LTHW boilers, gas, oil, biomass plant, absorption chillers/ air-conditioning plant, HVAC systems and associated distribution systems/ equipment, and plant monitoring systems (BMS, PMS).
- Heating systems, Energy Centre processes and supporting distribution systems
- Electronic maintenance systems with sound technical knowledge in fault finding and testing within a similar environment.
- Preparing Method statements, Risk, COSHH Assessments, and Permits to Work.
- Served a recognised apprenticeship and be qualified to ND / City & Guilds/ NVQ level 3 in Mechanical / Electrical / Gas engineering discipline and registered to the appropriate body as required for the role.
- Qualified Boiler / CHP Operator or relevant trade experience.
- Hold current CSCS card