The range of options allows a wide variety of metering systems to be used.
- First fix valve rail to protect the heat interface unit by allowing the installation to be undertaken without the HIU on site
- Fully insulated valve box to reduce heat losses and to improve aesthetics
- Pipe bracket to allow up and down connections
- Flushing bypass allows flushing of the primary network. Especially designed to be removed after flushing to ensure that it cannot be left in an open position accidentally, preventing uncontrolled flow with high return temperatures that can affect network performance
Images for the optional extras are available in the downloadable Product Overview booklet.
Request vTherm° Documents
- The vTherm° t (thermostatic) Heat Interface Unit is one of the most compact in the market and the new design will minimise heat losses and improve the efficiency of your district heating scheme
- To deliver an efficient unit, vTherm° t has been developed and tested at our in-house testing facility
- vTherm° t uses WRAS approved components across the potable water circuit
- vTherm° t achieved the lowest VWART at 70°C, of any heat interface unit results currently published under the 2018 testing regime. See our results: https://www.thebesa.com/ukhiu
- Low noise levels, an overall sound power measurement of 31.8db has been determined following the recommendations of ISO3744
- The product range is available in a variety of outputs providing instantaneous Domestic Hot Water (DHW) and Heating (HTG) for radiators or Under Floor Heating (UFH) systems
- Instantaneous hot water is produced via a plate heat exchanger and thermostatic control valve, allowing hot water to reach the tap at the desired temperature without delay, even during low demand periods
- Heating is also produced via a plate heat exchanger and controlled via a PICV with a thermostatic actuator
- vTherm° t standardises on a DHW temperature of 55°C with temperatures up to 60°C achieveable. The decision for standardising is to follow the heath & safety guidance in HSG 274 Part 2
|BESA High Temperature VWARTs (70°C)
|BESA Low Temperature VWARTs (60°C)
Operation & Maintenance
- The casing is built in 3 sections to streamline Commissioning, Operation & Maintenance
- The HIU has been designed as a wall mounted product with all connections upwards, however further options are available
- Dimensions of standard vTherm° t unit: Height. 690mm x Width. 530mm x Depth. 250mm
Further operation & maintenance details are available in the downloadable Installation, Commissioning and Maintenance Guide.